Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 4....detox is no joke!

Hello again, my frugal friends!! I'm a pleased to say that I've made it through Day 4 of my 28 day challenge. This one has been the toughest one yet!! I was expecting this to be hard....mentally. I thought...I will crave my coke zero or die for a piece of chocolate. To be honest...that has NOT been a problem. Yes...other foods are tempting, but for some reason it's easy to say no. Here is the problem I'm facing....my body detoxing. I literally feel like I've been hit by a mac truck! I've got body aches, headaches, and feel weak most of the day. Unfortunately...this is all part of the detox process. Just goes to show how much crap I've put into my body! The bonus is I know it will be over soon.

As for the food...it was a great success! I can honestly say there is nothing I didn't like today!! In fact, my meals were so satisfying today, that I didn't have two of my snacks!! I'd say it was a major food success.

Here is what I enjoy:
Breakfast: Morning Mocha Protein Shake
AM Snack: Skipped this one
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad with Lemon garlic vinaigrette
Afternoon Snack: Homemade Protein Bar
Dinner: Turkey Burger with Sweet Potato Fries
PM Snack: Skipped this one

Breakfast: Morning Mocha Protein Shake

Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette 


Dinner: Turkey Burger with Sweet Potato Fries



The shake is a little deceiving. Being a coffee lover, I was pretty stoked about the mocha part. But alas...there was no mocha....just a chocolate almond butter shake. Either way...it was pretty tasty. I think this was definitely my favorite food day so far. Everything was really tasty and I was completely blown away by how good the turkey burger was!! Here is how I made them:

I started with a glass bowl and put 1 pound of ground turkey in the bowl ( I bought my turkey at Fresh Market). To the turkey, I added 1 large handful of chopped spinach. I used my pampered chef slap chopper thingy. It's amazing....if you don't have one of those...get one. Sorry..that was a side bar. :) To the spinach and turkey add a bit of parsley, rosemary, garlic, salt & pepper. No real measurements here....just as much as you like.


After mixing it all up, divide the burgers into four paddies. 


Then throw into the ol' cast iron!


These burgers were really, really good!! I was seriously impressed. Even without the cheese, ketchup, mustard or mayo...I loved it. I also use Udi's Gluten Free Buns (purchased at Fresh Market). These burgers were so good even my precious 4 year old approved. :) 


Day 4 is done and I'm ready for the next one. Here's hoping the detox ends soon! I'm excited for my weigh in Sunday morning!! I bet I will see a difference. ;)

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment