Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day 3....ended with a bang!

Well frugal friends...I've made it through day 3!! WOOT WOOT!! Today has been a rough one. To be honest...I don't feel well. I'm not sure if my body is just yucky from detoxing or if I'm coming down with something, but I've felt pretty puney today. Couple that with two fever ridden 15 month old boys...and let's just say...it's been interesting.

Again...the day had some serious ups and downs. My favorite of the day was my PM snack...we'll talk about that in a minute. :) The downside was lunch. Surprise, Surprise. It was the same meal from last night. :( I followed my handsome husband's advice and put the chicken fajitas on a lettuce wrap. Here's truth, friends. It was much better than last night....but I still missed the dairy & gluten. It was a no go. So.. I feel like that is one I won't be repeating. Anyway...the rest of the day was pretty good. Here is what I had:

Breakfast: Mixed Berry Protein Shake
AM Snack: Apple Pie Lara Bar
Lunch: Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wrap
Afternoon Snack: Homemade Protein Bar (I also had a piece of turkey at 4pm)
Dinner: Zesty Quinoa Salad served over Spinach with Lemon Sauce
PM Snack: Strawberry Snowcone

Breakfast: Mixed Berry Protein Shake

Lunch: Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wrap


Dinner: Zesty Quinoa Salad over Spinach with Lemon Sauce


Dinner was my favorite of all the meals today. It was a really great salad. Trace & I had never had Quinoa before and we are definitely fans. When I make this again...I will change a few things. The biggest will be adding more almonds. The crunch really made it awesome!! The shake was also very good. I have to say though.....after the amazing-ness of yesterday's shake....it was hard to be in love. ;)

So...did you see what I put above?? STRAWBERRY SNOW CONE!!! 

If you know me, you know that I have a serious obsession with a local snow cone place. My favorite flavor is Strawberry Wedding Cake with cream. Though this was not my favorite frozen treat...it was a close second. Not to mention....it was INCREDIBLY frugal. My favorite icy sweetness runs me $3.75 a piece. I don't have an exact number on price for this recipe, but my guess would be between $.50-$1.00. Not bad for a fabulous end of May treat. Did I mention it also meets ALL of the requirements for my cleanse! Here is how I made it.

I started by making the strawberry sauce. Add 2 cups of strawberries to a saucepan. To the strawberries, add 1/2 cup of water and the equivalent of 1/2 cup of sugar. I used stevia....so for me...it was 12 packets. 
Bring this mixture to a boil and then reduce to simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes. When the strawberries have finished, place in a blender and puree. I put my sauce in a cute little mason jar and placed it in the fridge. You will want to put this in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. 
When it's snow cone time, you will need to make your snow. I have an AMAZING blender!! I'm lucky to have a Ninja Ultima blender. It makes ice into snow in no time!

When you've got snow...you've got a snow cone!! All I did was pour the sauce over the top and I was in sweetness heaven. Definitely what I need after a rough day. 


 So....three down and 25 to go. My hope is that I will be feeling better tomorrow. I can tell you that I definitely fell better when it comes to bloating. It's amazing to me that I can already feel the difference! Bring on Day 4!!

Blessings,





No comments:

Post a Comment