Sunday, May 25, 2014

A whole new savings is coming...

Hello Friends!! It's been so long that I am embarrassed!! I can't believe I've been so terrible about posting. Well...that's not true. I have 1 year old twins....let's be real. I'm lucky that I get out of bed everyday. :)

Anyway...I'm back in the saddle and ready to begin a frugal journey and here is why! My husband and I will begin a crazy journey tomorrow morning. We have decided to begin a 28 day challenge. My sweet friend, Callie, is an Arbonne consultant. A while back, she and I did a co-party (Thirty One/Arbonne) in Missouri. On car ride together, she told me all about this crazy cleanse and how she was already feeling like a new woman. At the time, I was still nursing the twins and knew it wouldn't be possible to do any kind of cleanse when I was providing their nourishment. However, the thought always stayed in the back of my mind. A few weeks ago, My husband, Trace, and I decided it was time to make a change and immediately the 28 day challenge came to mind. So...here we are!!

Here is how the cleanse works. Trace and I will combine a 28 day eating plan with a 7 day liquid cleanse. Our diet will be Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Pork-Free and Sugar-Free. We will be able to eat grass feed beef and free range chicken. We can also eat berries & green apples as well cage free eggs. Needless to say, it's a bit restrictive. But we are ready for the challenge.

However....there is a whole other challenge that we will face. That is the MONEY challenge. I'm still a stay at home mom on one income. I can gladly say that my amazing Thirty One business is thriving, but it's not like we are millionaires. :) So...I've got to put my frugal spin on this. I learned this the hard way today. After making our grocery list, I decided that I really didn't need to worry to much about couponing or what not. Umm...WRONG!! After three store, I spent almost $200 on one week's worth of groceries. Our budget is $125. So....here is the deal, I've got to make this work. I've got to find clean eating organic foods and fit our budget. So join me on my journey. It's going to be crazy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment