Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 2 and all new challenges...

Well...the honeymoon is over!! Haha! That was like the shortest honeymoon ever! Today was a successful day 2 of the cleanse, but a little bit more difficult. The caffeine headaches have kicked in. These were expected. However...when you couple that with two twin boys having 15 month shots and blood work for iron levels, it makes the caffeine headache a bit more than I was expecting.

The good news is I survived and ate pretty well. The boys are sleeping and I'm ready to start the day again tomorrow. But before I do...let me give the break down on the day.

Breakfast: Green Apple Goodness Shake
Snack: Hummus & Carrots/Crackers
Lunch: Turkey Lettuce Wraps, Hummus and Carrots, Green Apple
Afternoon Snack: Skipped this one today...to busy at the doctor. ;)
Dinner: Baked Chicken Fajitas Salad
PM Snack: Protein Bar

So...there were definitely some highs and some lows. One high was breakfast. HOLY COW!! The Green Apple Goodness shake was insane!! It was basically a Cinnamon Apple Smoothie, but HOLY MOLY, friends....yummy!! The low for the day...for me...was dinner. I love to make Fajitas in the oven and that is exactly what I did tonight. However, instead of enjoying it on a yummy flour tortilla with cheese & sour cream, I had it on a bed of romaine lettuce. To be honest....I missed the tortilla, cheese & sour cream. My brilliant husband suggested we use the lettuce as a lettuce wrap for these and I think that would definitely work. I might try that in the future. But...as for this formula...I don't think it will be repeat.

My favorite meal of the day was lunch. I decided to make a simple Turkey Lettuce wrap. It was super easy and seriously yummy. Here is what used:

2 large leaves of Romaine Lettuce
1/2 of an avocado
1 Roma Tomato
6 slices of English Cucumber
2 slices of Free Range deli turkey (I bought mine at Fresh Market)

I began by taking the Romaine lettuce and laid each out. I then removed the avocado from the shell and mashed it up with a bit of salt and lemon juice. I spread this mixture over the lettuce and then layered turkey, tomato and cucumber.


IT WAS AMAZING!! I'm a turkey, mayo and provolone kind of girl and I can assure that I did NOT miss the mayo, cheese or the bread!! All in all it was a major success and I will definitely be repeating.

I would definitely say today was more of a challenge than yesterday...and I figure this is just the beginning of the challenges to come. But...the good news is I'm a Jesus girl and I know He is all over this!! So...bring on the challenge!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment