Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 11 & 12......The Shopping Trip

Can you believe that I am already on day 12?? Insane, right?! I can't believe it! I am so excited to weigh in again on Sunday. Trace and I are cheaters....:) I used to weigh in every day. So...moving to once a week was a stretch. So, I decided that twice a week is a good compromise. :) So...as of Wednesday of this week (two days ago), I was down 9.6lbs!!

My shopping trip did NOT go as planned this week. As you can imagine, shopping with 3 kids under 5 is not the easiest thing in the world. Not to mention...with twins...we don't fit in most carts. So, normally....my grocery routine is for me to go....alone...on Tuesday nights after Mr. Wonderful gets home. However, this week, it just didn't work out. So...the grocery shopping took place in three stages over two different days.

Here are the totals:
-Sam's Club: $71.88
-Akins: $8.58
-Aldi: $34.28
-Walmart: $45.18

Grand Total: $159.92
This means the trip was $34.92 over budget. :(

Well...here is the thing. I think the main problem was I wasn't in my nitch. I had to do my shopping over two separate days and with kids. Plus....I bought diapers. So...that's $39 right there.

The good news is that I found some AWESOME finds at Aldi. Including this....

GRASS FEED BEEF.....at ALDI!!! The best thing is that it's only $5.49 a pound. Friends....this is amazing. I usually buy my beef at our local Farmer's Market or from a close family friend. It runs around $5. However, my friend has moved 2 hours south and the Farmer's Market is only open from May-October. So...this is good news.

Before I head out...here is a quick breakdown of what I've had for the last few days:

Day 11 (Thursday):
Breakfast: Green Goodness Smoothie
Snack: Skipped
Lunch: Tortilla Soup with Beanitos & Avocado
Snack: Rice Cake with Almond Butter & Agave Nectar
Dinner: Cauliflower Alfredo with Sun Dried Tomato & Kale
Snack: Strawberry Snowcone

Okay...so....I have to tell you..this day had the first no!! Dinner was awful! I mean.... for real. The sauce was made from cauliflower, cannellini beans, olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, and kale. It just did NOT work. I am so glad to say that in 12 days....this has only happened once. :)

Day 12 (Friday):
Breakfast: Green Goodness Smoothie
Snack: Skipped
Lunch: Tomatoes, Avocado, Carrots & Hummus
Snack: Rice Cake
Dinner: Chicken Quesadillas with Guacamole
Snack: Almond Ice Cream

So...with Thursday night's dinner being such a flop....I have to say...tonight's was a WINNER! It was so easy. Here is what I did:

Chicken Quesadillas with Guacamole ( I made enough for 3 servings)
Ingredients:
3 Brown Rice Tortillas
2 Chicken Breasts
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Red Onion
Garlic
Handful of Spinach

I started by roasting my chicken in the oven. Here is how I do it: I take a chicken breast (1 full breast or 2 halves) and spread a little olive oil on the breast. Then, I sprinkle garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cumin. I then bake it in a 350 degree oven for 45 mins. It always comes out flavorful and juicy.

I then caramelized the red onion with garlic and through in some spinach. I added that to the brown rice tortilla and grilled it up on the griddle.

OH MY GOODNESS....so good! I was really afraid of the Brown Rice Tortilla. I had heard a few bad reviews. These are stinkin' fantastic....at least when they are grilled.


It's hard to remember your on a cleanse when you are eating this good. :)

Blessings, 


2 comments:

  1. I am just now starting the Arbonne detox and I'm enjoying looking thru your notes. I hope you are still doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete