Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The 5 day review...

Whew!! Have you missed me?? It's been a crazy few days!! I can't believe it, but I haven't updated in 5 days!! Sorry friends...I know you've missed me.... ;)

The past five days have been pretty good. It's amazing how easy it has been. They say it takes 21 days to create a new habit. I am on day 17...and I can definitely see how this is true! It's already becoming apart of our daily lives.

So...how about the weight?? I am sure you are dying to know. :) Today was our bi weekly weigh in and I am excited to say that I am down a total of 11 pounds!! WOO HOO!! 11 pounds in 17 days....insane...right?? Ready to be really blown away...my husband has lost 21 pounds! I am so excited for Trace! He is doing so well and truly working hard at this. We recently earned a trip to Mexico this September through my amazing direct sales business with Thirty-One! He is so determined to do well and feel better before our trip! I am so proud of his hard work.

The past 5 days menu has been pretty boring. :/ We've been running around like crazy people so we've really just stuck with what we knew. We've done a lot of repeat meals and lots of quick salads and turkey wraps. So...instead of boring you with my daily menus, I decided I'll just go straight for my newest exciting option.

I found a recipe similar to this on Pinterest and tweaked it to fit our cleanse.

Hummus Crusted Chicken


It was very tasty!! Here is how I made it!

Ingredients:
2-4 chicken breasts (however many you'd like for your family)
1/4 cup of hummus
salt
pepper


That's IT!!! Here is what you do. Take the chicken breast and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish. The cover the top with humus. Place it in a 400 degree oven and bake for 25 minutes.

That is it! Super easy and super tasty. I served it with roasted broccoli and brown rice. My favorite part about this recipe is the hummus. I love hummus! The best part is that you can get this at Aldi for $1.69 a container at Aldi!

Go out and try it...I promise you won't regret it! :) 

Blessings, 



No comments:

Post a Comment