Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 8...the new week begins

Hello Friends!! Another Monday in the books and a successful day of the cleanse. I am definitely beginning to feel a difference.I have more energy and the weight loss has definitely given me the drive to do more! Hopefully that will keep up.

I am super excited about tomorrow. Tuesday is the night I go to the grocery store every week. This will be the first time I've gone on the cleanse while trying to keep the price down. I am also pretty excited to dig a little deeper into Aldi's Gluten Free and Organic lines. Check back later this week for an update on the savings.

Let's talk about today. Here is what I had today:

Breakfast: Mixed Berry Protein Shake
AM Snack: Skipped this one
Lunch: Turkey Lettuce Wrap and Beanito Chips with Hummus
Afternoon Snack: Rice Cakes with Almond Butter and strawberries
Dinner: Dirty Rice with Chicken
PM Snack: Homemade protein bar

Dinner was very yummy! I definitely think it will be a repeat!! Here is how I made it:

Ingredients: 
2 tbsp grape seed oil 
1/2 large zucchini 
1 medium onion
2 cups rice
Creole Seasoning:
1.5 tsp salt
1.5 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp chili powder 
3/4 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
Roasted Chicken (pre-cooked and cut into chunks)

In a large pot, saute the onions and zucchini in the grape seed oil. While this is cooking, make up the brown rice. In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients of the creole seasoning. Once everything is done, combine. 

Really...its that easy. And seriously tasty. Anyway....hope you enjoy it. See you tomorrow!

Blessings,



1 comment:

  1. this looks yummy, thinking I am going to try it tonight.

    ReplyDelete