Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Days 9&10....the shopping has commenced!

Hello Friends!! You'll have to forgive me for not updating the blog yesterday. It was a seriously crazy day. I've had a ton of things going on in my life, business, etc lately and it's left me running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Not to mention...my food has been pretty boring. Anyway...I will give you a quick run down. Here is what I've had:

Day 9 (Tuesday):
Breakfast: Morning Mocha Smoothie
Snack: Skipped
Lunch: Turkey, Tomato, Hummus & Beanitos
Snack: Rice Cake with Almond Butter
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad
Snack: So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Milk Vanilla Frozen Treat (more to come on this later)

Day 10 (Wednesday):
Breakfast: Morning Mocha Smoothie
Snack: Skipped
Lunch: Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Snack: Rice Cake, Almond Butter & Agave Nectar
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Salad
Snack: Almond Milk Vanilla Frozen Treat

Our lives have been insane. Yesterday was a rough day for me. Nothing to do with the diet...just crazy other things. So...that means food on the fly. I've learned a couple of things. First of all, I don't do morning snacks. By the time I finish my morning protein shake, it's 10am. The twins are up from nap at 11:30 and we are eating lunch by noon....so there really isn't any time. So...I've just come to terms with that not happening. :)

I've also learned that I have a new love. So...yesterday was a tough day. When I have a tough day, I would usually turn to something sweet. Last night, my husband went to grab some chicken at the Fresh Market. While there, he found my newest favorite treat. Check this out:


Um....delicious!! It is so good and so fits the criteria of the challenge. This was definitely a victory! 

I am super excited to tell all of you about our my grocery experience!! But....you're going to have to wait for tomorrow. :) For a little sneak peak...here are my three favorite buys from my Aldi trip today

Let's just talk some quick savings. If you've priced these items....they aren't cheap! Extra Virgin Olive Oil is out of control. It can run you anywhere between $5-$8 a bottle!! Here is what I paid: 

Extra Virgin Olive Oil: $2.99
Organic Stevia: $2.49
Organic Agave Nectar: $2.49

Can I get a WOOP WOOP!! It's pretty exciting, friends. The savings keeps rolling in! :) Anyway...that's enough for now. Check back tomorrow for more savings excitement!

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment