Monday, June 24, 2013

Lasagna Roll ups

Hello my frugal friends!! I am so sorry I haven't posted in a few days. It has been a wonderfully busy few days for me. I am the proud new aunt of a sweet girl named Harper and my daddy came to visit from Atlanta! Needless to say, my days have been filled with joy and absolutely NO time to blog. So...welcome back! Tonight...I want to share with you one of my favorite frugal recipes. It's called Lasagna Roll Ups and here is how it goes. 

What you will need:

One box of oven ready lasagna noodles
15 oz container of Ricotta cheese (I use part skim to save calories)
1 cup of parmesan cheese 
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
2 cups of mozzarella cheese 

Here is how you create this yummy frugal recipe:
1. Boil noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
2. While the noodles are cooking, mix together ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Feel free to mix it up a bit. Throw in your favorite herbs or seasonings....really use anything to make it your own. When you are finished, you mixture should look like this:

3. Next, you will need to make the actual roll up. Begin by laying out your lasagna noodle.


then add a 'heaping' tablespoon of your mixture.


Roll the noodle and place inside of a 9x13 pan. 


once you have rolled them all, your pan should looks this


4. Next, pour your favorite spaghetti sauce over the top of roll ups and cover with 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese. I go for two. :) 


5. Finally, cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. After it bakes, remove the tin foil and throw under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to get it brown and bubbly. 

Ready for the best part of this dish....it's only $1.30 per serving!!!! Yep...it's a frugal find!! :)

Here's why....NO MEAT!! I read on a couponing blog one time that the best way to save is to incorporate a few vegetarian meals per week. This sooo helps our budget. But...if you have a few extra bucks...I'm sure hamburger....or chicken...or sausage would be amazing in this! 

Enjoy!! 

Jessica 




No comments:

Post a Comment