Saturday, May 31, 2014

Day 5 & 6...the yumminess continues!

Hello frugal friends!! Well...my first week of the Arbonne 28 day challenge is quickly coming to a close. What a week it has been!! First of all, the good news is that the detox has moved on! PRAISE THE LORD! I am finally feeling like a human being. I am growing more and more impressed with how easy it is for me to turn down things that used to be irresistible. Tonight...I took my 4 year to a dance recital. Those of you who know me know that my middle name might as well be Chocolate. My daughter asked and received a....and I quote...."brownie cookie." Did I have one bite? NOPE! I drank my water like a good girl. I'm telling you friends....this would have NEVER happened before. No matter what diet I was on. It's a good day!

So let's talk food. The food these past two days have been pretty tasty. Here is a recap of what I've had:

Friday (Day 5):
Breakfast: Chocolate Oat Protein Shake
AM Snack: Skipped this one
Lunch: Turkey Burger (Left over from Thursday)
Afternoon Snack: Homemade Protein Bar
Dinner: Zesty Tomato Sauce with Brown Rice Pasta
PM Snack: Green Apple with Almond Butter

Saturday (Day 6):
Breakfast: GF Oatmeal with Strawberries & Blueberries
AM Snack: Carrots w/ Hummus
Lunch: Zesty Tomato Sauce with Brown Rice Pasta (Friday leftover)
Afternoon Snack: Homemade Protein Bar
Dinner: Porcupine Meatballs with Cauliflower Mash
PM Snack: Chocolate Strawberry Shake

My favorite of the two days has to be dinner tonight.....Porcupine Meatballs with Cauliflower Mash. This was amazingly delicious and I really didn't feel like I had a missed a thing!
Here is how I made it:

Ingredients:
1 lbs grass feed beef
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 t. minced onion
1/2 t. garlic powder
salt
pepper
24 oz tomato sauce

Take the ground beef and place in a large bowl. Add rice, onion, garlic powder, salt & pepper a mix together. Form into meat ball. Place in a 9x13 pan. Cover in tomato sauce and cover in tin foil. Place in 350 degree oven for 1 hour (uncover for the last 15 minutes). Once they're done, serve on mashed cauliflower.

Seriously...how easy is that?!?! Plus...the cauliflower did NOT taste like cauliflower. I mean really....I even fooled the 4 year old!!

Anyway...it's been a great week!! I can't believe it's already over!! I'm hoping the next 3 weeks go just as fast. :) I can't wait to get on the scale in the morning and see the difference!! Stay tuned to the blog. I will be headed to the grocery store in the next few weeks!! The savings will be pouring in!

Blessings,

8 comments:

  1. This works well with ground turkey as well. I used 2 lbs and doubled the rest of the ingredients except for the tomato sauce. Three 8 Oz cans did the trick and this made 12 decent size meatballs! Maybe the size of a lemon? Delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to come across this recipe! first, my grandma used to make these for me. She called them "Porcupine Balls". Second, it is Arbonne 28 day approved! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I put it at a higher oven degree like 400 or 375 so it takes less time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the brown rice cooked or raw?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cooked. I only know this because I put in raw and the recipe did NOT work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used raw in it was not good. recipe should state cooked rice

      Delete
  7. Can we get the recipe for the cauliflower as well??! pretty please :)

    ReplyDelete